You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

switch to family plan

My wife and I both have Apple Music on our phones. We are on an individual plan since we share a common Apple ID. Currently only 1 of us can play music at a time and we share a common library. I want to with to the family plan so we can have separate libraries and both play music. I am the organizer for Family Sharing. I plan on upgrading our Apple Music to the Family Plan. When I add Apple Music to her Family Sharing, will she start over with a blank library or will she start over with a copy our existing music library?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 6:52 PM

For Family Sharing to work you each need to be using a different Apple ID, which means any music on the original Apple ID would no longer be available. Her library would be blank.

Apple IDs should not be shared, for any reason. Each person should always have their own Apple ID.

1 reply

switch to family plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.