Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE NOTES NOT APPEARING

Its not that they are MISSING. Whenever I try to access an older note, say from, 2012, I see the note there, but when clicked the actual note paid is blank. I see that if I email the note, then the note contents show up in the subject line of the email. I would like to not have to do this of course. Any idea of what is going on and/or a solution?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 10:53 AM

Greetings, thanks for your reply. I have different accounts on the iphone that are all activated for NOTES ON. The notes that do not appear are the older ones that are under a non - icloud email account, yahoo to be specific, and as stated, the setting is ON. Are you familar with this specific problem? Notes not being "missing," just blank when clicked.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 10:53 AM in response to Courcoul

Greetings, thanks for your reply. I have different accounts on the iphone that are all activated for NOTES ON. The notes that do not appear are the older ones that are under a non - icloud email account, yahoo to be specific, and as stated, the setting is ON. Are you familar with this specific problem? Notes not being "missing," just blank when clicked.

Nov 20, 2019 9:53 AM in response to RodgricJ

Check the iCloud section in Settings to confirm the status of iCloud sync for Notes. It should match what you had when the older note was created: if on, will be stored (and propagated) in the iCloud, else if off it is stored locally and might haver been lost if the device was changed since the origin. Switching modes (iCloud vs. local) could render a note inaccessible. Check also on which iCloud account the device is signed up under.

In the Notes section in Settings, check under which which default account the notes are stored, iCloud usually. And check if the "On My Phone" account is not active.

IPHONE NOTES NOT APPEARING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.