Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes have not been deleted from iPhone but content is not visible

The content of all the Notes on my iphone has vanished - the title and preview of each Note is visible but when tap on a Note to open, there is no content. The content is however visible when the Note is viewed in gmail. So nothing has deleted, just not visible on iPhone!

Any suggestions?

iPhone SE (Gen 3)

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 7:18 PM

UH29 Said:

"Notes have not been deleted from iPhone but content is not visible: The content of all the Notes on my iphone has vanished - the title and preview of each Note is visible but when tap on a Note to open, there is no content.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Missing Notes:

Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 7:18 PM in response to UH29

UH29 Said:

"Notes have not been deleted from iPhone but content is not visible: The content of all the Notes on my iphone has vanished - the title and preview of each Note is visible but when tap on a Note to open, there is no content.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Missing Notes:

Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud in Settings: Look in iCloud settings in each device, and make sure that Notes is clicked. If it is, then unclick it, and then click it again.

May 11, 2022 6:28 PM in response to UH29

UH29 Said:

"But why just the content of all 12 Notes? The Titles and preview lines are visible."

-------

Why the Contents' Deletion?:

Either you unknowingly delete them, or they are not showing up as they should, or it all just cleared.

Recovering Notes from iCloud:

Is Notes enabled in iCloud? I'd say power off your router (to avoid Apple server syncing), and then view the Notes on your other devices. If they are there, then more them elsewhere. Any success?

Notes have not been deleted from iPhone but content is not visible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.