Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red light inside Mac Pro that will not start

My Desktop 2009 quad core, suddenly turned off. When I try to turn it on, the fan runs loud, and nothing starts up. When I force shut down, by pressing the power button, the fan shuts off and a red light is illuminating from the motherboard, through grill. See photos.

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Current Pro Desktops

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 11:34 AM

You do not have a PowerMac; you have a Mac Pro. Very similar externally--hugely different inside. I will ask our Hosts to move you to the Mac Pro forum and edit the title to reflect your actual equipment. The Mac Pro forum section gets many more view than this one.

4 replies

Nov 22, 2019 1:39 PM in response to Adammtp

You don't have to . You'd have to wait until your posting has been moved to the appropriate forum and Re-titled. You could, but it's already done. That being said, there is a way to identify the LED(s), and what their being lit up means. I've posted a link to some helpful info for you..... Yup, it's a pdf, so someone's taken the time and trouble to scan it in and make a pdf of the original, for which we are greatful....

http://tim.id.au/laptops/apple/macpro/macpro_early2009.pdf

In there somewhere is a section on the LEDs on the logic board, and troubleshooting....

hope this helps you a bit

john b

Red light inside Mac Pro that will not start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.