Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 2013 will not chime or startup

Mac Pro 2013 (cylinder) will not chime or startup (power seems to be OK). There is red light (or several small red lights) at bottom of cylinder and FAN builds quickly to full power. Yesterday I could it it to start with SMC and PRAM efforts (several) but nothing works today.

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 3:40 PM

vsnyder0923 Said:

"Mac Pro 2013 will not chime or startup: Mac Pro 2013 (cylinder) will not chime or startup (power seems to be OK). There is red light (or several small red lights) at bottom of cylinder and FAN builds quickly to full power. Yesterday I could it it to start with SMC and PRAM efforts (several) but nothing works today."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Pro Power:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

What it could be is the power management settings. Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power and for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your power adapter may not be being seen promptly by the ports.

By reseting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be. Note that you may need to perform each thrice. This can be time consuming, to be certain you have the time to do so.

II. References on Power Issues:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2021 3:40 PM in response to vsnyder0923

vsnyder0923 Said:

"Mac Pro 2013 will not chime or startup: Mac Pro 2013 (cylinder) will not chime or startup (power seems to be OK). There is red light (or several small red lights) at bottom of cylinder and FAN builds quickly to full power. Yesterday I could it it to start with SMC and PRAM efforts (several) but nothing works today."

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Pro Power:

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

What it could be is the power management settings. Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power and for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your power adapter may not be being seen promptly by the ports.

By reseting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be. Note that you may need to perform each thrice. This can be time consuming, to be certain you have the time to do so.

II. References on Power Issues:

Mac Pro 2013 will not chime or startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.