Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Folder help

How do I create a folder in Pages? I have a few, so at some point it was intuitive, but I can not figure it out now. A folder within a folder? Also have some, but can not even drag and drop so I'm struggling with something this simple...

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 11:41 AM

When you initially save, or subsequently option+Save As… a document, you click the up-arrow button on the right-side of the location selector. This will expand the default small Save panel to its larger size, and on the bottom-left of it will be a New Folder button.

When you click that New Folder button, Pages opens a new, empty panel within that new folder, where you can save the current document, or you can click New Folder again, and create a new sub-folder in the previous, outer empty folder. Now you can save the document in that nested folder location.

In the following visual analogy to the second paragraph, I ensured that my current location was on the Desktop. Because I had an existing Pages document, I selected option + File menu : Save As… and selected New Folder twice before saving the document. That created the following folder hierarchy:

Just observe that your next Save will remember this last folder location as the destination until you change it again from the Save panel.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 11:41 AM in response to lkconsumer

When you initially save, or subsequently option+Save As… a document, you click the up-arrow button on the right-side of the location selector. This will expand the default small Save panel to its larger size, and on the bottom-left of it will be a New Folder button.

When you click that New Folder button, Pages opens a new, empty panel within that new folder, where you can save the current document, or you can click New Folder again, and create a new sub-folder in the previous, outer empty folder. Now you can save the document in that nested folder location.

In the following visual analogy to the second paragraph, I ensured that my current location was on the Desktop. Because I had an existing Pages document, I selected option + File menu : Save As… and selected New Folder twice before saving the document. That created the following folder hierarchy:

Just observe that your next Save will remember this last folder location as the destination until you change it again from the Save panel.

Pages Folder help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.