Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave keeps reverting wallpaper

So I have two virtual desktops on my MBP running Mojave. I open System Preferences and set one desktop to a directory of images that is supposed to rotate randomly every hour. I close System Preferences, go to the second desktop, open System Preferences, do the same thing except with a different directory of images. Now, when I close System preferences and go back to virtual desktop 1 the wallpaper reverts to a default Apple one (ugly shapes). Switch to virtual desktop 2 and it does the same thing!

What the crap?!?!?

I've deleted the following file multiple times (logging and out and restarting afterwords):

~/Library/Application Support/Dock/desktoppicture.db

However, that doesn't seem to help at all. Since "repairing permissions" in OS X isn't a thing anymore I don't know what to do other than continue to look at the fugly "shapes" that Apple calls wallpapers!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2019 2:44 PM

-- Update --

After digging into the sqlite DB it seems this is definitely a bug with Mojave. Based on how it is editing the "data" table it seems that OS X can't keep track of which virtual desktop is supposed to have which directory of images so it just reverts to default when it gets confused. I hope this is fixed in Catalina...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2019 2:44 PM in response to Jesse Almanrode

-- Update --

After digging into the sqlite DB it seems this is definitely a bug with Mojave. Based on how it is editing the "data" table it seems that OS X can't keep track of which virtual desktop is supposed to have which directory of images so it just reverts to default when it gets confused. I hope this is fixed in Catalina...

Mojave keeps reverting wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.