Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FOTO BIBLIOTHEEK

Na update Catalina mijn foto's niet meer te bereiken.

Foto biblotheek staat op een externe schijf.

gaarne advies.

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 11:56 AM

Hi WILLEM2222,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. You've posted a question in the English Community. If you are able to repost your question in English, you may reach a larger audience and have a better chance of receiving a reply.

Thanks!

6 replies

Nov 27, 2019 6:17 AM in response to WILLEM2222

WILLEM2222,

Thank you for reposting your question in English!

What exactly happens when you attempt open Photos and view your photos? Do you see a specific error message or alert?

I'd like to check to make sure you are opening the correct library when launching Photos. To do this, please hold down the 'option' key on your keyboard while clicking on Photos to open it. You should be prompted with a 'Choose Library' box. When you see this, single click on your library, then click 'Choose Library' at the bottom-right corner. Does this open your Photos successfully?

If Photos still fails to open, I would like you to try resetting permissions for your home folder, in the case they were accidentally changed. To do this, follow the steps under 'Reset permissions' in this article: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support.

Keep me posted.

Nov 28, 2019 12:18 PM in response to léonie

er is niets veranderd ,foto's heb in het verleden op de harde schijf gezet voor meer ruimte op de mac te maken.Maar na update

Catalina kan ik geen verbinding meer maken ,computer geeft "kan bestand niet vinden negeer /melding appel" dit al gedaan.

Als ik op de harde schijf kijk staat er alle data nog.

Ps; deze 80 jarige bezit het Engels schrijven zeer slecht.

grt,willem.

FOTO BIBLIOTHEEK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.