Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth headset

Bought a Plantronics Legend to receive and make calls. We are a “hands free” state. Can receive incoming calls no problem. Can get Siri using the headset but cannot make an outgoing call. When you ask her to call somebody in your contacts, she thinks and thinks and finally comes back and says “I am having a problem with the connection” “ Try back in a few minutes”. Spent an hour on chat with Plantronics about it and was told to return it as it should be connecting after doing a reset on everything. Went to my cellphone carrier and was told settings in phone looked okay. Suggested to return also. So I did and got a Plantronics Voyager 5200 instead and paid the extra money thinking it would be a better model. Nope does the same thing. Have a friend who has a Jabra Bluetooth and iPhone 8 like mine. She can connect and make calls no problem. So I got a Jabra like hers. Guess what? Doesn’t work either. So instead of doing chat with Plantronics I emailed them. They came back saying the Siri button is only a quick connection to her and she doesn’t actually take any commands through the headset. This defeats the entire issue of “hands free” if I still have to dig my phone out of my purse and speak directly to her using phone speaker to get her to call out. Which she does and I can hear it through the headset. Has anybody figured out how to make out going calls through Bluetooth only? Or is it all False Advertisement when the product references outgoing calls thru Siri, Google and Alexa???? Why can my friend do it???? Plantronics also referred me to this thread. I have the latest update on my iPhone 13.1.3. I’m not sure what update my friend is on, but I also read that this latest update has made this and cars with Bluetooth a problem with connecting. Have lost hours of my time. Reset my settings and lost my set ringtones for people etc. Can somebody help please????

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2019 7:28 PM

Since you took the time to purchase a new Bluetooth headset like your friend, and have the same model iPhone, and you say this friend can make a call, I would say to compare the settings on both devices to see if they match. Also, have your friend describe exactly how they make a call to see if you are doing the same thing. I believe the Jabra devices download your contact list to make it easier for the device to make calls. Check that as well. While I don't use a Bluetooth headset, I use Bluetooth in my car, and it works just fine. I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.2.3. Check your Settings>General>About>Version and if you don't have iOS 13.2.3, then update and test again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2019 7:28 PM in response to Hoursoutthewindow

Since you took the time to purchase a new Bluetooth headset like your friend, and have the same model iPhone, and you say this friend can make a call, I would say to compare the settings on both devices to see if they match. Also, have your friend describe exactly how they make a call to see if you are doing the same thing. I believe the Jabra devices download your contact list to make it easier for the device to make calls. Check that as well. While I don't use a Bluetooth headset, I use Bluetooth in my car, and it works just fine. I have an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.2.3. Check your Settings>General>About>Version and if you don't have iOS 13.2.3, then update and test again.

Bluetooth headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.