Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset

My Bluetooth headset is on, I just finished calling someone, but when a new call comes in — my iPhone switches back to normal, not to the headset, and I have to do the switch manually on my phone.

How can I correct this?

iPhone 13

Posted on May 2, 2023 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 9:52 PM

amifromskokie Said:

"Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset: The problem is not the need to re-pairing again, the headset is staying connected, but that an incoming call would not go to my headset by default."

-------

How to Set a Bluetooth Headphones as the Default Audio Device on Your iPhone:

Try the following...

Changing the Call Audio:

1. Open: Settings.
  2. Tap: Accessibility ​
  3. Tap: Touch
  4. Tap: Call Audio Routing
  5. Tap: "Bluetooth Headset" from the provided options
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 9:52 PM in response to amifromskokie

amifromskokie Said:

"Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset: The problem is not the need to re-pairing again, the headset is staying connected, but that an incoming call would not go to my headset by default."

-------

How to Set a Bluetooth Headphones as the Default Audio Device on Your iPhone:

Try the following...

Changing the Call Audio:

1. Open: Settings.
  2. Tap: Accessibility ​
  3. Tap: Touch
  4. Tap: Call Audio Routing
  5. Tap: "Bluetooth Headset" from the provided options

May 2, 2023 9:39 PM in response to amifromskokie

amifromskokie Said:

"Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset: My Bluetooth headset is on, I just finished calling someone, but when a new call comes in — my iPhone switches back to normal, not to the headset, and I have to do the switch manually on my phone. How can I correct this?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Bluetooth:

A. Start Here: If you can't Connect a Bluetooth Accessory to your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

B. Re-Pair this, Literally:

Try re-pairing your speaker. You would manually unparit, it, and then par it back.

Incoming calls do not go to Bluetooth headset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.