trying to get my phone call to play on my Bluetooth speakers

My Bluetooth speakers are connected. I can play stuff on them with my iPhone (SE 2021, 16.6.1). I do Settings->Accessibility->Touch->Call Audio Routing->Bluetooth headset. I make a call. No audio comes out on the speakers. What am I doing wrong???

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2023 12:34 AM

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get your iPhone SE (2nd generation) phone calls to play on your Bluetooth speakers:

1. Make sure your Bluetooth speakers are turned on and paired with your iPhone.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your Bluetooth speakers.
  3. Try forgetting your Bluetooth speakers and pairing them with your iPhone again.
  4. Make sure that Call Audio Routing is set to Bluetooth Headset. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing.
  5. Try increasing the volume of your Bluetooth speakers.
  6. Make sure that your Bluetooth speakers are within range of your iPhone.
  7. Try moving your Bluetooth speakers closer to your iPhone.
  8. Avoid using your Bluetooth speakers in areas with a lot of Bluetooth interference, such as near airports or microwave ovens.
  9. If you are using a Bluetooth speakerphone, make sure that it is properly positioned.

IIf none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

or

Contact the manufacturer of your Bluetooth speakers for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2023 12:34 AM in response to Dannymac22

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to get your iPhone SE (2nd generation) phone calls to play on your Bluetooth speakers:

1. Make sure your Bluetooth speakers are turned on and paired with your iPhone.
  2. Restart your iPhone and your Bluetooth speakers.
  3. Try forgetting your Bluetooth speakers and pairing them with your iPhone again.
  4. Make sure that Call Audio Routing is set to Bluetooth Headset. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing.
  5. Try increasing the volume of your Bluetooth speakers.
  6. Make sure that your Bluetooth speakers are within range of your iPhone.
  7. Try moving your Bluetooth speakers closer to your iPhone.
  8. Avoid using your Bluetooth speakers in areas with a lot of Bluetooth interference, such as near airports or microwave ovens.
  9. If you are using a Bluetooth speakerphone, make sure that it is properly positioned.

IIf none of the above steps resolve the issue, it is recommended to reach out to Apple Support or visit an authorized service center for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your device model and iOS version.

or

Contact the manufacturer of your Bluetooth speakers for further assistance.

Sep 17, 2023 5:50 AM in response to Dannymac22

Thanks, but these are pretty generic suggestions. As in, in order to make it work, make it work. I said that things were properly paired. I repeated that pairing. I said that Call Audio Routing was set. The volume on my Bluetooth speakers was fine to play a broadcast on them. As to being within range and not in an area of interference, I said that things were paired. Any other suggestions?

trying to get my phone call to play on my Bluetooth speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.