Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi can I use my Iphone 7 regular usb cable for my Iohone 11 pro for charging in the car. Thanks

Hi can I use my Iphone 7 regular usb cable for my Iohone 11 pro for charging in the car. Thanks

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 4:08 AM

Yes, the same cable can be used. However, be warned that the charging speeds you'll get with the older iPhone 7 cable would be lesser compared to the one you can get with a cable meant specifically for iPhone 11.

This is because the iPhone 11 supports quick charge, which you will not be able to use unless you have a cable capable of delivering higher amperage to the device.

Therefore, I would recommend you go for a cable that is meant specifically for iPhone 11. These are selling for as low as $12. I personally use this one from Anker.

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 4:08 AM in response to arman153

Yes, the same cable can be used. However, be warned that the charging speeds you'll get with the older iPhone 7 cable would be lesser compared to the one you can get with a cable meant specifically for iPhone 11.

This is because the iPhone 11 supports quick charge, which you will not be able to use unless you have a cable capable of delivering higher amperage to the device.

Therefore, I would recommend you go for a cable that is meant specifically for iPhone 11. These are selling for as low as $12. I personally use this one from Anker.

Hope this helps.

Nov 25, 2019 2:49 PM in response to arman153

Hey arman153,

I understand you're wanting to know if you can use the same cable from an iPhone 7 for your iPhone 11 Pro. I'll be happy to help.

Both the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 11 Pro have a Lightning port, so the iPhone 11 Pro can be used the way that the iPhone 7 did to connect to the car via USB. You can compare the models of these two iPhone devices, and the ports they have, by using this resource: iPhone - Compare Models - Apple.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.