Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music/YouTube data automatically shutting off

I keep trying to turn on data for music or YouTube as my cellular data plan is much better than it used to be. However after I turn data on in settings under both cellular data and the app it automatically shuts off and states I am not connected. When I open settings again it has automatically turned off again for some reason.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 4:14 PM

Hello, BeeChristine.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're unable to keep cellular data turned on for the YouTube app. I'd like to help. Be sure that you're using the latest iOS version and that you've done a restart of your iPhone.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Then check for any carrier updates: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Also, be sure your apps are up to date.

Check Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and make sure Low Data Mode is not enabled.

If so far nothing works, try to Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network This article isn't related to your issue but has the steps that I mentioned.

You can also try removing the app and installing it again:

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Download apps and games from the App Store

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 4:14 PM in response to BeeChristine

Hello, BeeChristine.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I've read is that you're unable to keep cellular data turned on for the YouTube app. I'd like to help. Be sure that you're using the latest iOS version and that you've done a restart of your iPhone.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Then check for any carrier updates: Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Also, be sure your apps are up to date.

Check Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options and make sure Low Data Mode is not enabled.

If so far nothing works, try to Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network This article isn't related to your issue but has the steps that I mentioned.

You can also try removing the app and installing it again:

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Download apps and games from the App Store

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Music/YouTube data automatically shutting off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.