Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 battery drain

The battery on my iphone 11 was performing great until just a few days ago. (Up until then I only had to charge it overnight) I updated to ios 13.2.3, and it is no better. My battery is almost completely drained halfway through the day.

iPhone 11

Posted on Nov 22, 2019 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 9:04 AM

Try force Restart. The process is here:

1. Quickly press then release the Volume Up key.
  2. Quickly press then release the Volume Down key.
  3. Press and hold the Side button for about 10 seconds then release when you see the Apple logo.

Allow your phone to finish rebooting and then use it as you normally do to test how long the battery could last. 

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 9:04 AM in response to avra144

Try force Restart. The process is here:

1. Quickly press then release the Volume Up key.
  2. Quickly press then release the Volume Down key.
  3. Press and hold the Side button for about 10 seconds then release when you see the Apple logo.

Allow your phone to finish rebooting and then use it as you normally do to test how long the battery could last. 

Nov 25, 2019 5:12 PM in response to MichelleT18

Hi Michelle - thanks for your reply. I have checked everything you mentioned and there is nothing unusual. Maximum capacity is 100% . Obviously, as the iphone 11 was released only 2 months ago, the phone is brand new. The battery was performing perfectly. I was so happy to have a phone with a battery that lasted all day. That changed just a few days ago. I understand others are having the same problem and is has been attributed to iOS 13.2. ? Is Apple addressing these concerns?

Jan 26, 2020 9:43 PM in response to joaquin178

Great weird news here.

I restart the phone yesterday and also charged it because it was at level 15%.

I made light use all day,Twitter,WhatsApp video conference, half hour Minecraft and check it before sleeping.It was 85%

Now in the morning 82 %

Also this is unbelievable low (or normal)

Something is going on with the battery or the apps that i have.

Also I want to mention that sometimes I'm charging the phone with the charger that was in the box and sometimes with the charger of my previous iPhone 6 both original with original cables.

Dec 25, 2019 2:37 AM in response to avra144

Hi avra144,

I have been experiencing the same exact issue. I bought my iPhone 11 a few weeks ago and in the first 2 weeks the battery performance was great. Since then, the performance level has dropped significantly. I had a flight reverently and turned the flight mode on. Even though the flight mode was on during my flight, the battery was kept on being drained. Why?????? The same issue happens during the night when the phone is not used. I have made no change to the settings since the phone was bought. In the first two weeks I had no issue with the battery performance but now it is different. Maximum capacity is 100% and yet its performance has dropped significantly. The iOS is 13.3.

@Apple service: What am I supposed to do?

To be honest, I have expected more of Apple for the cost of this iPhone.

thank you!

Jan 9, 2020 10:31 AM in response to avra144

I traded in my iPhone XR and bought a used iPhone 11 that's locked on T-mobile and am using it on Red Pocket. Battery life has been great, no issues. Recently bought a new iPhone 11 from Costco and activated it on T-mobile for my girlfriend. First 2 weeks were fine. The past 3 days she said her battery's been lower than usual. She said within 3-4 hours, her battery goes from 90% to 23% with little to no use. I'm pretty familiar with iPhones so I went into Location services, Background Refresh, Updated all Apps, did a Soft Reset, turned off iCloud backup, Disabled Find My Phone, Disabled Push and set everything to Manual, disabled every and all unnecessary things last night. Today her phone is still going from full charge to 23% within a few hours. My iPhone 11 Screen On time today from 7am-1pm was 1h 20m and I'm at 98% charge. Her Screen On today is 1h 2m and she's at 23%. Definitely something weird going on.

Nov 25, 2019 4:35 PM in response to avra144

Hello avra144! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that your iPhone 11 has started showing reduced battery life. I’ll be happy to look into this with you. You haven’t mentioned what you’ve tried already, so here’s what I do when I noticed a change in the battery life on my iPhone. 

1 - Take a look at the Battery Health by going to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. Here you can see the Maximum Capacity of your battery and the Peak Performance Capability. This article will give you details about what you can learn from this information: iPhone Battery and Performance. If you’re seeing anything below 80% maximum capacity or normal for peak performance capability. There may be an issue with the health of your iPhone. 

2 - The next thing to do is to check and see how your apps are using the battery power. If it’s been more than 24 hours since you made any changes on your iPhone, go to Settings > Battery and look at the list of apps below the list. This shows you how long the app has been on screen, running in the background, and the percentage of battery power it’s used out of 100%. If you see any that are unusually high over the last 24 hours, I’d uninstall the app and use the iPhone for another 24 hours without that app present. See if there’s any change. If there is, you know that the app was causing the excessive drain on the battery. This article will give you more information about the data shown: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

3 - If there is an app that is running away with the system resources it can be one reason the battery life may have changed.

If you find you make any changes to your iPhone, removing apps or changing settings, be sure to use it for 48 hours and check again to see if there is any improvement. Message back with the results, and let me know if any of this information is helpful. 

Enjoy the day!

Nov 26, 2019 4:06 PM in response to chuck_3rd

I chatted with Apple Support and they were no help. He ran diagnostics on my phone to tell me what I already knew - that my battery maximum capacity is 100%. They denied that the iOS was related to the issue. And suggested I go to the Apple store for further testing. I am not going to the Apple store anytime between Thanksgiving and the end of the year; I don't have time for that zoo. So frustrating.

Jan 26, 2020 5:15 AM in response to avra144

Hi, I read through the comments on this post and they all sound all too familiar. My wife upgraded to an 11 after Christmas. As soon as the phone was set up ,we noticed the issue with the battery life. I followed the many suggested “fixes” published on several sites ,many noted on this post. I finally opened a ticket with apple support. We wiped the phone and re installed upgrade. Still having issues. We will track the phone usage /battery life for next number of days And will call apple support to arrange a refund or upgrade to a different phone.

Jan 26, 2020 9:21 PM in response to justgr8

Hello, I am new in the forum and this page and i just got into this to provide my information about this, I bought my iphone 11 on December 9, 2019 (1 month and a half ago) and I had not noticed anything strange until a couple of days ago where I noticed that the battery used to give me at least 7 hours of screen and nowadays gives me 4 hours or a little more, but the change was noticeable in use, the battery percentage dropped much faster than the first few days, and now a while ago, I noticed that I dyed when 10% and in 30 seconds my cell phone went off, then I plugged it and had 7% and after charge it 5 minutes, I disconnected it again because I had to make a call and when I returned after the call I had 1%, I plugged it back in and immediately that 1% became into a 5% just by plugging it in, it scares me too much and it is impossible for it to be a battery defect since my phone is new to someone has something similar happened? pd: I'm on ios 13.3

Jan 26, 2020 9:55 PM in response to steliosgiansakidis

you mean a hard reset? (where you erase all phone’s data) dude, this is driving me crazy, i bought a 900 bucks phone to be complaining about the battery life, apple screw it all with ios 13, after 5 months we still having battery issues on almost every single iphone model, i can say this is a software problem cause everyone’s iphone 11 are brand new (not over 5 months since were bought)

Jan 26, 2020 11:58 PM in response to joaquin178

Confirmed - force restart worked for me. It has been a couple of days and being on standby no longer decreased my batt life. Noticed that after 7-8hrs on standby (25% when I checked at night), had the same batt level the next morning. Sharing the link of the force reset instructions — https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+Force+Restart+an+iPhone+11/126067

Jan 27, 2020 12:04 AM in response to nadanaoj

Yes I just closed the phone and opened it again.Also I'm using the same apps and rarely downloading new apps.

Maybe an app update that made recently drained the battery so fast.

If something will change I will inform you again.

This whole thing reminds me the first iPhone 3G that I had back to 2008 that every time you update an app needs to restart the whole phone to work properly :)

iPhone 11 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.