Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad slow charging issue

I recently bought the new iPad 10.2 (seventh generation) and I am facing charging issue. In one hour the battery level went up to only 20% . Is it normal for an iPad to charge that slow or should I do something about it?

Ps- I have checked all the connections and they are fine

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 2:32 AM

With iPadOS, the charging rate is affected by a number of factors - such as the charger used (in Watts, and whether or not the charger and device both support PD), the initial charge state of the battery (%) and the established charge/discharge regime (i.e., charging pattern).

If the iPad is new out-of-box, then you can disregard the last factor. However, if the device has been through several charge/discharge cycles, then it will already be “learning” your charging habits. With the limited information available, 20%/hr doesn’t necessarily look particularly out of sorts...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2019 2:32 AM in response to bil020

With iPadOS, the charging rate is affected by a number of factors - such as the charger used (in Watts, and whether or not the charger and device both support PD), the initial charge state of the battery (%) and the established charge/discharge regime (i.e., charging pattern).

If the iPad is new out-of-box, then you can disregard the last factor. However, if the device has been through several charge/discharge cycles, then it will already be “learning” your charging habits. With the limited information available, 20%/hr doesn’t necessarily look particularly out of sorts...

Nov 23, 2019 3:29 AM in response to bil020

IF you make sure WiFi and Bluetooth are both set to OFF, charging will be much faster.

i discovered this little secret about a year ago with my own 4-year old iPad Pro.

Charging any iPad with Wifi and Bluetooth toggled OFF results in much faster charging of the internal Lithium-ion battery.

Your iPad should fully charge much closer to between 3-4 hours than 5.

My iPad Pro used to take close to 5 hours to fully charge.

Once I started toggling OFF the WiFi, my iPad Pro fully charges between 3-4 hours, now.

Actually charged much closer to three hours from 15%, this morning.

Try it!

iPad slow charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.