Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari keeps closing tabs while in use. have it set to manual in settings.

safari keeps closing tabs while in use. have it set to manual in settings. Is there a way to stop this?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 1:12 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Shapestealer,

I see that you're having an issue with tabs closing in Safari when they are in use. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you force close Safari, and then restart your iPad and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPad

You'll also want to make sure you're using the latest version (13.2.3) of software on your iPad.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go through these steps and the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Does this only happen when you're using a specific website?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 1:12 PM in response to Shapestealer

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Shapestealer,

I see that you're having an issue with tabs closing in Safari when they are in use. I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you force close Safari, and then restart your iPad and test to see if the issue remains.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPad

You'll also want to make sure you're using the latest version (13.2.3) of software on your iPad.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you go through these steps and the issue remains, respond back with some more details. Does this only happen when you're using a specific website?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

safari keeps closing tabs while in use. have it set to manual in settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.