Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 10.15.1

The Podcast application does not work on my desktop. It sees program material, however no matter which episode (downloaded or not) it starts and then immediately stops.

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 3:20 PM

1. My iMac Pro in Catalina 10.15.1 will not boot in safe mode. I restart the computer, Hold the shift key until I see the login prompt. Checked the status with System Report
  2. Even if I was in safe mode, audio devices will not work, so how could I possible test Podcasts anyway?

Thanks -

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 26, 2019 2:57 PM in response to Larry Good

Hi there, Larry.

I see that you're unable to listen to podcasts using the Podcast application on your Mac after upgrading to macOS Catalina. Whether you've downloaded the podcast or streaming it, it simply stops after starting. I'm glad to help with this.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac -- Restart your Mac in safe mode and test how it responds. If it works while in safe mode, reboot normally and test again in your own user account. If not, continue to "How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac" below. 

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac -- If the issue is also happening in safe mode, use this article to create and test a new administrative user account. This will demonstrate if the issue is isolated to your account, or if it's system wide. You'll need sign into the Podcast application in order to test this new admin user account.

Let me know how that goes, and take care!

Catalina 10.15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.