Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast app loads at startup

Whenever I start/restart my iMac, podcasts shows up in the Force Quit

window - it does not become active. I have checked the system

preferences and the dock options.

The app isn't in the startup and yes, it starts up the same way in safe mode.

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2021 3:38 AM

Re-check in Users & Groups in System Preferences and choose your User Account >> Tab called " Login Items " and see of Podcasts is in there. If Yes, remove it. This will stop the application from launching when the computer restarts or from Cold Boot.

That or make sure the Podcast application is totally Closed before restarting to shutting down computer.

To observe - when shutting down the computer and windows appears with the countdown to shutdown. Have you " enabled " Reopen windows when logging back in. If Yes, untenable this my removing the check mark.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 22, 2021 3:38 AM in response to Terriman

Re-check in Users & Groups in System Preferences and choose your User Account >> Tab called " Login Items " and see of Podcasts is in there. If Yes, remove it. This will stop the application from launching when the computer restarts or from Cold Boot.

That or make sure the Podcast application is totally Closed before restarting to shutting down computer.

To observe - when shutting down the computer and windows appears with the countdown to shutdown. Have you " enabled " Reopen windows when logging back in. If Yes, untenable this my removing the check mark.

Aug 12, 2021 3:29 AM in response to Terriman

This link will offer the solution to Migrate your existing Data / Applications From the Problem and Original User Account ( Admin Account ) to a New Admin Account.

It is detailed and much to read in detail.

Should this procedure be uncomfortable and risking for your liking - one might be able to involve an Apple Store Genius Bar assistant to perform this action. Can not know if costs would in involved - sorry to say.

Podcast app loads at startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.