Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DO ANY DOCUMENT SCANNERS FUNCTION WITH macOS 10.15 CATALINA?

Can anyone please suggest any Canon or HP document scanners that are compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina?

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 10:23 PM

I'm not sure if I was clear enough in my earlier replies. You are not likely to find a scanner that indicates Catalina or any other macOS version because the sole requirement that must be met is AirPrint. It has been incorporated in every Mac operating system for nearly a decade, and is what the scanner needs to include.

Multifunction devices that include a scanner are often less expensive than dedicated scanners that do nothing else.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 10:23 PM in response to myheartisempty

I'm not sure if I was clear enough in my earlier replies. You are not likely to find a scanner that indicates Catalina or any other macOS version because the sole requirement that must be met is AirPrint. It has been incorporated in every Mac operating system for nearly a decade, and is what the scanner needs to include.

Multifunction devices that include a scanner are often less expensive than dedicated scanners that do nothing else.

DO ANY DOCUMENT SCANNERS FUNCTION WITH macOS 10.15 CATALINA?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.