Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging iPhoto library on old MacBook Air to new MacBook Pro w/Catalina

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro. Is there a way I can bring in my iPhoto library photos from my MBA to my new MBP?

If both computers use the same apple ID, is there a way to pull in the old iPhoto library to my new MBP?

TYIA...

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Hello, jrzygrl2.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I understand is that you want to know how to move your photo library over to your new MacBook Pro. I'd be glad to help. If you're using the same Apple ID, you could use iCloud Photos to upload them into the iCloud which syncs all devices: Set up and use iCloud Photos

Here are a few other methods that may help:

How to move your content to a new Mac - This method may be the best option to use.

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac

OS X: Manually migrating data from another Mac

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 3:45 PM in response to jrzygrl2

Hello, jrzygrl2.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From what I understand is that you want to know how to move your photo library over to your new MacBook Pro. I'd be glad to help. If you're using the same Apple ID, you could use iCloud Photos to upload them into the iCloud which syncs all devices: Set up and use iCloud Photos

Here are a few other methods that may help:

How to move your content to a new Mac - This method may be the best option to use.

Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac

OS X: Manually migrating data from another Mac

Cheers!

Merging iPhoto library on old MacBook Air to new MacBook Pro w/Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.