Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center unavailable in iOS 13.2.3

I am having the same issue that I found another user previously has in this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250790235

No app is able to connect to Game Center. Any apps that use it to log in simply freeze or fail, and trying to open Game Center from the Settings app freezes the Settings. This has already cost me money in non-functional games.

The approved solution in the other thread did not work for me: a network reset and logging in and out of Apple ID did not solve my issue. It is not likely network-related.

One game that used Game Center for achievements displayed the attached error when trying to load the achievement screen.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 10:04 AM

To anyone else who has this issue, I finally had time to talk to Apple support and get it sorted.

I had already tried restoring from an earlier backup with no effect, so I hadn't tried a factory reset when I made this post, but it's apparently a problem with the recent Game Center update not being applied properly, and the solution is: back up your phone, restore it to factory settings, and then restore from that backup. The factory reset removes the faulty update.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 10:04 AM in response to jdhxii

To anyone else who has this issue, I finally had time to talk to Apple support and get it sorted.

I had already tried restoring from an earlier backup with no effect, so I hadn't tried a factory reset when I made this post, but it's apparently a problem with the recent Game Center update not being applied properly, and the solution is: back up your phone, restore it to factory settings, and then restore from that backup. The factory reset removes the faulty update.

Dec 1, 2019 5:15 AM in response to jdhxii

I fixed this by doing:

1. turn off Game Center in icloud (it hourglasses forever for me, but after killing settings and going back in again, it did turn off).
  2. sign out of iCloud/iTunes
  3. i could finally click on Game Center without it hanging, however trying to sign it causes an hourglass that never ends. Have to kill settings.
  4. reset network settings (general > reset)
  5. sign into Game Center
  6. sign into iTunes/AppStore
  7. game center is still signed in, and still working.

Nov 30, 2019 8:38 PM in response to jdhxii

I had this problem 2 weeks ago (I think iOS 13.2.2? The only way I could fix it was to sign out of iTunes and sign in with a different account. Then sign back into the original account again. This cost me 1-2 hours solving it, not to mention a lot of data due to iCloud deletion and re-downloading. The sad thing is, I just notice I’m having the same issue again, and I’m 13.2.3, the latest version! I’ll have to fix this problem again, so I’ll take step by step notes this time to share it in this thread.

Nov 30, 2019 8:40 PM in response to jdhxii

Sorry, but Apple is definitely wrong there. I fixed it without doing any restore or resetting anything to factory settings. Signing out/in to different iTunes accounts fixed it for me. Stay tuned for step by step guide, since this problem has happened to me a second tome... i noticed it the first time after traveling from Singapore to Australia (I fixed it there), and now that I travelled back to Singapore it’s happened again.

Jan 7, 2020 8:13 AM in response to tparry

Yeah, it has now happened several times, and the factory reset initially solved it but clearly didn't do it long-term, so this is what I've had to do. Hopefully they fix this soon, Game Center has been really neglected lately and having to redownload everything from iCloud every time is a huge waste, and it keeps re-enabling certain iCloud features without my permission.

Game Center unavailable in iOS 13.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.