Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center unavailable in iOS 13.1.2

Hi! Game Center on my iPhone XS has become unresponsive. Any game dependent on Game Center login fails to work. I tried checking the Game Center settings from the phone's Settings app. That too does not work, i.e., it freezes the Settings app.

Tried changing the network, restarting the iPhone -- both software restart and by pressing the buttons. All to no avail. I do not want to reset Game Center because game progresses (hard earned!) will be lost.

My phone's operating system is iOS 13.1.2. Game Center did continue to work after iOS was upgraded to 13.1.2, but stopped working suddenly. I do not remember installing anything or changing any settings before it stopped working.

Any idea as to what's going on?

iPhone XS

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2019 8:06 PM

Just chatted with Apple Support and the following resolved the issue.

(1) On the iPhone, go to Settings>iTunes and App Store, tap on your Apple ID, sign out.

(2) Once you sign out, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

(3) Once it restarts, go back to Settings>tap on your name>iTunes and App Store and sign back in. (May need to login to a WiFi network depending on Internet connectivity of the phone.)

It seems like an unexpected Internet connectivity problem.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2019 8:06 PM in response to xtremebytes

Just chatted with Apple Support and the following resolved the issue.

(1) On the iPhone, go to Settings>iTunes and App Store, tap on your Apple ID, sign out.

(2) Once you sign out, go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings.

(3) Once it restarts, go back to Settings>tap on your name>iTunes and App Store and sign back in. (May need to login to a WiFi network depending on Internet connectivity of the phone.)

It seems like an unexpected Internet connectivity problem.

Game Center unavailable in iOS 13.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.