Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game Center freezes in settings iOS 13.5

I noticed my games weren't logging me into game center. So I went to game center in the settings, and as soon as I touched it settings froze.

I waited 300 seconds and then forced settings to quit, and I went in under my cloud ID and tried to turn off game center - settings froze again. So I forced it closed, and then rebooted. I got the same results.

Next I tried logging out of my icloud and store account and rebooting. Even not logged in, game center froze up the settings app. I rebooted and logged back in, and game center continues to freeze the settings. I cannot turn it off, I cannot disable it in icloud.

As a final effort I joined the beta for 13.6 and installed that. Same results.

How can I get control of game center? I'm on an iPad 11 pro (my iPhone 11 max is working fine).

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2020 8:11 PM

Community support is such a joke. I fixed my issue.

1 - Turn on Airplane Mode

2 - Reboot

3 - Go to Game Center (it won't freeze now) and turn it off.

4 - Turn off Airplane Mode

5 - Log into Game Center.

This is for any poor soul that gets links to this HORRIBLE support community. It has never answered accurately a single issue I have ever had, and it's a poor (and cheap) way to provide a fake help desk. Thanks for nothing Apple.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2020 8:11 PM in response to Porktree

Community support is such a joke. I fixed my issue.

1 - Turn on Airplane Mode

2 - Reboot

3 - Go to Game Center (it won't freeze now) and turn it off.

4 - Turn off Airplane Mode

5 - Log into Game Center.

This is for any poor soul that gets links to this HORRIBLE support community. It has never answered accurately a single issue I have ever had, and it's a poor (and cheap) way to provide a fake help desk. Thanks for nothing Apple.

Jul 8, 2020 8:37 PM in response to Porktree

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback          

Game Center freezes in settings iOS 13.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.