Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So no matter what, I have to pay $25 a year to get the iTunes music I've already paid for over the years?

So no matter what, I have to pay $25 a year to get the iTunes music I've already paid for over the years? And if I don't, then I can't ever listed to the music I've already paid for? WTH?

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 8:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 10:51 AM

If you've taken out a subscription to iTunes Match, let it match or upload your media, then deleted your local copies to make room on your computer, and are now considering cancelling iTunes Match then you need to download all your media before you do so. You're renting space in the cloud. If you don't want to pay for it any more take your content away or lose it. Same rules as a storage unit.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 10:51 AM in response to lyndahamlin

If you've taken out a subscription to iTunes Match, let it match or upload your media, then deleted your local copies to make room on your computer, and are now considering cancelling iTunes Match then you need to download all your media before you do so. You're renting space in the cloud. If you don't want to pay for it any more take your content away or lose it. Same rules as a storage unit.

tt2

Nov 25, 2019 12:39 PM in response to lyndahamlin

I've had iTunes match for years. I have over 10,000 songs in my library(67 GB). iTunes match allows me to access these songs without storing them on our mobile devices - 4 iPads and iPhone. As long as I have access to wi-fi, I can listen to any song I have at any time. I even listen to my library while visiting relatives in Ireland each year. To me $25 is a small price to pay for such flexibility. I also have a two HomePods(as stereo pairs) in my music room. With iTunes match, I can ask Siri to play any song, artist, playlist in my library or just to shuffle my music. I love to sit in my chair and control my music and my mood. iTunes match gives me more access, flexibility and control over my music. I love music and I appreciate iTunes match!

So no matter what, I have to pay $25 a year to get the iTunes music I've already paid for over the years?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.