Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating from Sierra to Mojave, whilst avoiding Catalina.

I want to upgrade my iMac's OS but want to avoid Catalina, which I seem to be constantly directed towards by Apple. I'm trying to find where to download Mojave. but the only place I found it doesn't have a download button, just one that says 'Open'. When I click on that I get an error message saying 'This copy of the Install Mac OS Mojave application is damaged and can't be used'

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?ls=1&mt=12

Where can I get a working copy of Mojave?

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 12:20 PM

If you are seeing 'Open' in the App Store when trying to download Mojave, the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS Mojave.app on your Mac. Have a look in your Applications folder. If it has fully downloaded it will be 6GBs in size, just double-click it to start the installation. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash and empty the trash. Restart your Mac go back to the App Store and try downloading it again.

If you can connect your Mac to your router using cable instead of using WiFi that would provide a quicker download and a more robust connection.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 12:20 PM in response to LordWoody

If you are seeing 'Open' in the App Store when trying to download Mojave, the App Store has detected a copy of Install macOS Mojave.app on your Mac. Have a look in your Applications folder. If it has fully downloaded it will be 6GBs in size, just double-click it to start the installation. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash and empty the trash. Restart your Mac go back to the App Store and try downloading it again.

If you can connect your Mac to your router using cable instead of using WiFi that would provide a quicker download and a more robust connection.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave - Apple Support

Updating from Sierra to Mojave, whilst avoiding Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.