Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating High Sierra to Catalina

Hi all,

I've been a bit lazy with updating my Macbook Pro OS, I'm still on 10.13.6.

It doesn't look like I can jump straight to 10.15 - do I need to update 10.13.6 to something else before I can get it to 10.15?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 1:21 PM

You're welcome.

Also, while the specs call for 4GB RAM for Catalina but I wouldn't try that myself. Catalina is more RAM hungry than previous OSs. I'dhave a minimum of 8GB.

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Start by moving off the larger, lesser used items in your Documents, Music, Photos, Movies.

While the OS may need state that it requires much space, you also have to consider that it needs more space to install and run. As a rule of thumb, you should have abut 10-15% free space depending on the size of your drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 1:21 PM in response to AyeTunes

You're welcome.

Also, while the specs call for 4GB RAM for Catalina but I wouldn't try that myself. Catalina is more RAM hungry than previous OSs. I'dhave a minimum of 8GB.

How to free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Start by moving off the larger, lesser used items in your Documents, Music, Photos, Movies.

While the OS may need state that it requires much space, you also have to consider that it needs more space to install and run. As a rule of thumb, you should have abut 10-15% free space depending on the size of your drive.

Updating High Sierra to Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.