Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore password

I backed but my iPhone 6 on my computer without using a password. Got my new iPhone 11 Pro and when I went to restore the dats on my new phone, it wanted a password. Though I didn’t use a password, I tried everything I could think of. Any ideas or experience?

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 4:40 PM

If it is asking for a password to restore then you DID back up using an encrypted backup. In iTunes is Encrypt Backup checked? If it is, the first time you checked it you were prompted for a backup password - twice. After that first encrypted backup all future backups will be made with that password, and you will not be prompted again for it. That is the password you need.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 4:40 PM in response to semi152

If it is asking for a password to restore then you DID back up using an encrypted backup. In iTunes is Encrypt Backup checked? If it is, the first time you checked it you were prompted for a backup password - twice. After that first encrypted backup all future backups will be made with that password, and you will not be prompted again for it. That is the password you need.

Restore password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.