Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bulk edit of Live Photos to regular photos

I didn't notice that Camera had a default setting of Live Photo being enabled.

I didn't want Live Photos; I just want regular photos.

I want to convert all of my Live Photos to plain old regular photos.

Is there a way I can do this in a bulk edit rather than having to go into each photo and edit it?

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 11:45 PM

You have to turn the Live effect off individually: Edit Live Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

• Still photo: Tap the Live button at the top of the screen to turn off the Live feature. The Live Photo becomes a still of its key photo.

To disable the Live Effect in the Camera permanently, go to the settings and turn Preserve Camera Settings on for Live Photos. It is a bit confusing, that "Live Photos" needs to be on in Settings, to prevent the the iPhone from coming up with the default "Live Photo on" and keep it turned off: Use the camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings  > Camera > Preserve Settings.
  2. Turn on any of the following:
    • Camera Mode: Preserve the last camera mode you used, such as Video or Pano.
    • Creative Controls: Preserve the last filter, lighting option (on supported models), or depth setting (on supported models) you used.
    • Live Photo: Preserve the Live Photo setting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2019 11:45 PM in response to anothermouse

You have to turn the Live effect off individually: Edit Live Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

• Still photo: Tap the Live button at the top of the screen to turn off the Live feature. The Live Photo becomes a still of its key photo.

To disable the Live Effect in the Camera permanently, go to the settings and turn Preserve Camera Settings on for Live Photos. It is a bit confusing, that "Live Photos" needs to be on in Settings, to prevent the the iPhone from coming up with the default "Live Photo on" and keep it turned off: Use the camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings  > Camera > Preserve Settings.
  2. Turn on any of the following:
    • Camera Mode: Preserve the last camera mode you used, such as Video or Pano.
    • Creative Controls: Preserve the last filter, lighting option (on supported models), or depth setting (on supported models) you used.
    • Live Photo: Preserve the Live Photo setting.

Bulk edit of Live Photos to regular photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.