Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad Pro was stolen before I had a chance to activate it. What can I do to prevent the thief from activating and using it?

I had an iPad Pro stolen before I had a chance to activate it. Can I report it stolen using the device's serial number?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2019 9:03 PM

Hello,

If you never enabled Find My iPad then they can fully use the iPad as their own. There is nothing you can do other then alert your local authorities.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

3 replies

Dec 1, 2019 8:38 PM in response to QuickPost

UPDATE: First things first, though. Thanks for your feedback.

I called and provided Apple with the stolen iPad's serial #. Per Apple, this serial # has been linked to my name in their systems, and Apple will block any attempts to activate without proof of purchase (which they won't have). Furthermore, this particular serial # is also linked to my name on my payment receipt and on Amazon's database). To make activation even more improbable, a police report has been filed for the total value of the stolen merchandise, which adds up to well over $1,000. According to New York State law, this constitutes Grand Larceny. If anyone reading this falls victim to a similar situation, make sure you have at least your device's serial # handy (your seller should be able to easily provide you with this number upon request). With this number, you can report a stolen device to Apple, who will then block all attempts to activate without proof of purchase.

I hope this information is helpful!

Cheers...

My iPad Pro was stolen before I had a chance to activate it. What can I do to prevent the thief from activating and using it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.