Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare for a product not purchased directly from Apple

If I purchase an iPad Pro from another company (not directly from Apple) can I get apple care monthly for it that lasts longer than 2 years? (I had heard you could get apple care for longer than 2 years and just pay monthly for it for as long as you'd like).

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 9:15 AM

No AppleCare plan is longer than 2 years. And that means 2 years beyond the initial, standard 1 year warranty for a total of 3 years.

And that 3 years is always from the date the device was purchased. Not when you purchase AppleCare. When you can buy it always varies. You have much less time to get it for an iPhone than an iMac. You can check here to see your purchase options:

AppleCare Products - Apple

There is no way to extend the allowed coverage. Not even directly from Apple.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 9:15 AM in response to kkisola7

No AppleCare plan is longer than 2 years. And that means 2 years beyond the initial, standard 1 year warranty for a total of 3 years.

And that 3 years is always from the date the device was purchased. Not when you purchase AppleCare. When you can buy it always varies. You have much less time to get it for an iPhone than an iMac. You can check here to see your purchase options:

AppleCare Products - Apple

There is no way to extend the allowed coverage. Not even directly from Apple.

Nov 25, 2019 9:21 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Actually, that no longer is the case. Apple Care can now be extended past the initial 2 or 3 years.

It can be extended past the 2 year or 3 year coverage as explained here:About continuing your AppleCare+ coverage for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

If you paid upfront for 24 or 36 months of coverage, you can renew coverage on a monthly basis after the 24 or 36 months is over.

Does coverage continue beyond 24 or 36 months if I signed up to pay monthly?

Yes, if you signed up to pay monthly, plan coverage may continue beyond 24 months, on a monthly basis, until canceled.

Nov 25, 2019 10:26 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Well, yes, you need to keep paying monthly for it, and the caveat is, Apple can choose to unilaterally end it at any point arguining loss of availability of service parts.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/docs/applecareplusnaen.html

Apple may cancel this Plan for fraud or material misrepresentation, or if service parts for the Covered Equipment are not available, upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice.

Applecare for a product not purchased directly from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.