Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple TV 4k remote does not control TV volume

I bought a new Apple TV 4k 32 GB last week. It works great except I cannot get the Apple TV remote control to control the TV volume. The previous Apple TV HD unit remote worked fine to do this on the same TV, and still does. It seems like the IR portion of the new remote is not working.

I tried programming the remote as instructed in the onscreen prompts, and it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 4:54 PM

Yes. After further exploration I determined that the HDMI audio switch I was using was the culprit. After I bypassed it by connecting the Apple TV directly to the TV, all is good. Now I am looking for a new switch to pass the signal from 4K HDMI signal to my non 4K TV and stereo receiver.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2019 4:54 PM in response to QuickPost

Yes. After further exploration I determined that the HDMI audio switch I was using was the culprit. After I bypassed it by connecting the Apple TV directly to the TV, all is good. Now I am looking for a new switch to pass the signal from 4K HDMI signal to my non 4K TV and stereo receiver.

New Apple TV 4k remote does not control TV volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.