Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer library of pictures from iPhoto to Photo?

How do I transfer library of pictures from iPhoto to Photos for iMac

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 2:23 PM

For me, the launch of Photos is different (just launch however). Always shown in the menu on the left is item "iPhoto Events". Clicking this item reveals all photos from iPhoto as if already part of Photos. So, it seems that iPhoto and Photos are both part of the same program. I had anticipated that there would be a "process" where photos would be transferred into the new "Photos" program. Thanks for the guidance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 2:23 PM in response to Yer_Man

For me, the launch of Photos is different (just launch however). Always shown in the menu on the left is item "iPhoto Events". Clicking this item reveals all photos from iPhoto as if already part of Photos. So, it seems that iPhoto and Photos are both part of the same program. I had anticipated that there would be a "process" where photos would be transferred into the new "Photos" program. Thanks for the guidance.

How do I transfer library of pictures from iPhoto to Photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.