Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3gen - can’t use Hulu

We have an Apple TV 3gen - cant get past the profile select page - Hulu classic version. Tried and not working on any tv in house. anyone else?

Posted on Nov 25, 2019 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 3:55 PM

Hulu is working now on my third generation Apple TV. I’m watching SNL right now, and playback appears to be in HD quality with no issues. Hulu hasn’t followed through yet on their promise to email me, though.

4 replies

Nov 26, 2019 2:16 PM in response to Tv_watcher_family

I just talked with Hulu Support, and this is a known issue with no current ETA on resolution. Here’s the important part of my chat:

( 13m 42s ) Bonjules D: Upon checking here on my end that there is a known issue for the Apple TV right now.

( 15m 46s ) Chris Sack: Any ETA on a fix? Is this posted for the public to see? I see three posts on Apple Communities by people with this same issue.

( 17m 30s ) Bonjules D: As of the moment our higher level of support is currently working on it. There is no ETA rigth now.

( 17m 44s ) Bonjules D: What I can do here on my end is to document this case for you and provide you the case number for your reference.

( 17m 53s ) Bonjules D: So our higher level of support will do the update through email.

( 19m 17s ) Chris Sack: So, myself and other 3rd Generation Apple TV users will be notified via email when more information is available on this issue?

( 19m 54s ) Bonjules D: Yes, that is correct. I do apologize for the inconvenience and for the time that I took from you for this concern.

( 20m 31s ) Chris Sack: Thank you.

Apple TV 3gen - can’t use Hulu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.