Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote animations are now pixelated

I recently purchased a new MacBook and have noticed that many of my animations/builds (including dissolve, MagicMove, and others) are no longer smooth, but appear pixelated. It is very distracting to have an object that should fade-in (dissolve) that then does so in blocky pixels.

Has anyone else observed this behavior? Are there any settings that can fix it?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 6:35 AM

4 replies

Nov 30, 2019 8:51 AM in response to RadRes

Hey there RadRes,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand Keynote animations are not working as expected. I’ll be happy to help.

Is Keynote completely up to date? If you’re not sure, you can use the steps from this link to check and update if there is:

How to update the software on your Mac

Also, see if this occurs in safe boot or a new user account to isolate and possibly resolve this issue:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If that doesn’t help, delete Keynote from your Mac, restart, and install it back on again:

How to delete apps on your Mac

How to turn your Mac on or off

‎Keynote on the Mac App Store

Let me know if that helps.

Dec 11, 2019 10:45 AM in response to rose_10

Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately none of them resolved the issue. Just updated to 10.15.2 as well without a fix. I doubt it is the graphics card since other users have reported having the issue on their mac only after updating to Catalina. Tempted to take this into the Apple store. May seem like a minor problem, but for someone who gives presentations several times a week, it is disruptive.

Keynote animations are now pixelated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.