Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I still can’t connect Apple TV to my TV

I tried all methods mentioned in the support page for Apple TV. Sometimes it worked, but sometimes it doesn’t. I don’t know what to do with it!

My experience with Apple TV is terrible, because this is actually the second Apple TV that I bought. Not mentioning that I only used 5 times with the first one. It never comes back to the home screen even if I let it totally had no electricity.

Now, the second one. It can’t be woken if it went into sleep for too long. If I’m lucky, it will showed on the screen after I switch to other other HDMI ports; If I’m unlucky, I can’t even see the screen showing the sign of the white Apple. I checked many times did the TV screen have connection with Apple TV, and yes it does. Every time when I restart the Apple TV, the TV screen will show a signal of connecting to something, but in there is Just pure black. No matter how hard I tried, switching different HDMI, restart it or unplug it for more than an hour, it won’t showed the home screen.

Please, can anyone tell me how to solve this? I don’t want to loss confident in apple’s product, but this is ...... ridiculous!

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 8:13 AM

If you see the white light come on the Apple TV box and it is steady then that means it is working correctly and the issue resides in the connection or the TV. Make sure you are trying not only different ports but also different cables and also try to test on another TV.

2 replies

If I still can’t connect Apple TV to my TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.