Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i tried to update to the most recent macOS that my mac can take which is high sierra. When i tried the installer it came up with the message "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS "

i tried to update to the most recent macOS that my mac can take which is high sierra. When i tried the installer it came up with the message "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS " any helpful ideas how to update ?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:57 AM

When you go to the App Store High Sierra page, does it say Open if so the App Store has detected there is a copy of High Sierra somewhere on your Mac. First look in your Applications folder for Install macOS High Sierra.app, if this is 5.23GBs then that is the full installer, double-clicking on this will start the installation procedure. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash, then empty the Trash. Restart your Mac and go to the App Store High Sierra page and try downloading again. Use a cabled connection to your router instead of WiFi.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 7:57 AM in response to dingerbell

When you go to the App Store High Sierra page, does it say Open if so the App Store has detected there is a copy of High Sierra somewhere on your Mac. First look in your Applications folder for Install macOS High Sierra.app, if this is 5.23GBs then that is the full installer, double-clicking on this will start the installation procedure. If it is a partial download then move it to the Trash, then empty the Trash. Restart your Mac and go to the App Store High Sierra page and try downloading again. Use a cabled connection to your router instead of WiFi.

i tried to update to the most recent macOS that my mac can take which is high sierra. When i tried the installer it came up with the message "This copy of the install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.