Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video clip showing up as picture

I just imported a few video clips into "My Media". They are showing up a pictures (camera icon in the upper left corner). When I drag them to the timeline, agin they just show up a pic that plays for 4 seconds. How do I get iMovie

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 8:20 AM

Others have reported the issue of videos importing as stills. I don't know why that is happening. What seems to work is to import the videos into the Photos app and then access the videos from within iMovie by clicking on the Photos item in the side bar of an iMovie project.

Also, you can try using the Image Capture app in the Applications folder of your Mac to import the videos to your desktop, and from there drag them into iMovie.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 8:20 AM in response to stevepiv

Others have reported the issue of videos importing as stills. I don't know why that is happening. What seems to work is to import the videos into the Photos app and then access the videos from within iMovie by clicking on the Photos item in the side bar of an iMovie project.

Also, you can try using the Image Capture app in the Applications folder of your Mac to import the videos to your desktop, and from there drag them into iMovie.

-- Rich

video clip showing up as picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.