Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 music app splitting album tracks into different albums

I have seen a thread for iPhone 8, and have read and understood all about itunes.

but iTunes is displaying all the albums correctly it is only when they are synced to the iPhone that the tracks become separate albums.

very annoying.

last night I removed 6000+ tracks and then readded them all and things have not improved.

any solutions? Anyone?

john

iPhone 7

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 11:49 AM

Regarding the region problem, do you have an Apple Music subscription? If so that could be a bogus message based on the album being recognized not being available from Apple Music. If you have iTunes Match that could be a similar problem.

6 replies

Nov 30, 2019 9:03 AM in response to JKWebb

Hey there JKWebb,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand your albums are getting split when synced to your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help with this.

First, make sure your iPhone is on the most recent iOS Version. You can use these steps to help you update:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your computer after that, then try syncing one of your albums after that and see if that helps. 

If it doesn’t let me know if these are compilations, and if you purchased these from iTunes or imported them from another source.

Cheers.

iPhone 7 music app splitting album tracks into different albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.