Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes / iPhone sync issue

I have a strange issue where albums unchecked from iTunes > device music list and then synced remaining on iPhone. I tried deleting the two albums manually from my iPhone, then re-syncing. They are put back on! :-/ I then tried unchecking all checked albums and syncing again. Everything is removed, but the two albums I'm having the issue with. Anyone else seen this or have any idea how to fix? Don't think I've had this issue before.

iPhone 11 & iTunes are up to date. I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

iPhone 11

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 2:48 AM

If you use the tick/untick method of adding and removing songs from your device, the Sync option for that device needs to be set to Sync only ticked songs and videos. This option can be found on the Device/Settings/Summary pane:

You will need to tap the Sync (or Apply) button for the setting to take effect.

If the setting is already the way you want it, try unticking it, applying (or syncing) then ticking it again and re-applying or sync again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 2:48 AM in response to Dogboy73

If you use the tick/untick method of adding and removing songs from your device, the Sync option for that device needs to be set to Sync only ticked songs and videos. This option can be found on the Device/Settings/Summary pane:

You will need to tap the Sync (or Apply) button for the setting to take effect.

If the setting is already the way you want it, try unticking it, applying (or syncing) then ticking it again and re-applying or sync again.

iTunes / iPhone sync issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.