Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How i can copy email from a folder to another

Hello, I wanted to know how I can copy an email that is in a folder within the email to a different folder within the email.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 9:14 AM

You can’t copy it from one folder to another but you can move it to another folder by opening the email, then tapping on the File Folder icon at the top. Then select the folder into which you want to place the email.

2 replies

Nov 26, 2019 9:30 AM in response to Demo

If this is so... what a pity, I was trying to adapt my way of working, but I have no way to use the Mail.app App on the iPhone or iPad if I don't have the ability to copy/label emails.

On the desktop I usually use the access to my gmail account through the browser and use the tags to organize more efficiently the mail and the status of them. The problem is that when I use the iOS or iPadOS apps I don't find any email client that makes good use of the gmail tags (Google App is almost a bad joke about email signatures). The only program that did it is AirMail but since the rendering engine changed many of the emails are not readable.

How i can copy email from a folder to another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.