Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X: Phantom images after exporting

When I export there are a few frames from other clips randomly appearing at other parts of the video. I'm trying everything! Does anyone know what can actually fix this issue? Or what's causing it

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 9:50 PM

cubsandchocolatemilk wrote:

Shot on an iPhone. MOV files. Codecs: AAC, Timed Metadata, HEVC. I only run into the problem after trimming and adding and editing music (mp3). When just loading and arranging the clips, the export comes out fine.

A few users have had the same issue.

The fix is to Optimise your footage.

Al

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 9:50 PM in response to cubsandchocolatemilk

cubsandchocolatemilk wrote:

Shot on an iPhone. MOV files. Codecs: AAC, Timed Metadata, HEVC. I only run into the problem after trimming and adding and editing music (mp3). When just loading and arranging the clips, the export comes out fine.

A few users have had the same issue.

The fix is to Optimise your footage.

Al

Nov 26, 2019 8:47 PM in response to Alchroma

It is possible that the random frames got created when you added clips to the time line while editing. One cause is if the play head is not at the junction of two clips but rather a few frames one way or the other. To verify if this is the case, zoom the timeline out at the location of the random frames. You may find that they are actually there and not being generated on the fly by FCP.

Final Cut Pro X: Phantom images after exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.