Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer messages possible?

What app will transfer text messages from old iPhone to new iPhone? I already used Verizon Content-Transfer app to xfer my music. photos, calendars, & contacts.

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2019 6:57 PM

It isn't an app, when you first turn on the new iPhone and it was saying hello in many languages after you tapped the screen it should have offered Quick Connect if your old iPhone was near and offered to let you transfer everything. If you don't want to start over restore the new iPhone from your backup.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2019 6:57 PM in response to Ghostridr2

It isn't an app, when you first turn on the new iPhone and it was saying hello in many languages after you tapped the screen it should have offered Quick Connect if your old iPhone was near and offered to let you transfer everything. If you don't want to start over restore the new iPhone from your backup.

Nov 26, 2019 7:06 PM in response to deggie

DEGGIE, Thank you for keep trying to help, but there was no backup. So unless there's a good, safe 3rd party app, it sounds like I have to go through the whole startup process again. UGH

Anyone else know of such an app?

I did see one not on the App Store called "Dr Fone", but the EULA looks a little scary about what they can do with my personal info if I download their app.

transfer messages possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.