Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari takes longer to load videos from my Ring account than other sources

When I view videos from my Ring surveillance cameras using Safari, it takes 30 to 60 seconds for each video to load. On my iPhone or iPad, they load instantly. Today, I tried FireFox and the videos loaded instantly. I have been having this problem with Safari for quite a while, at least a year. I tried disabling all extensions in Safari but that didn't make any difference. I like using Safari for many reasons but I may switch to FireFox. There are other things Safari doesn't do well that works fine with FireFox--like my online banking website can be quirky.

Any ideas on what I can try to fix this slow loading of videos from my Ring account. The Ring videos are on the Ring website under my account and history. I have the latest OS10.15.1

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:31 AM

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 9:31 AM in response to Linda Cameron

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Nov 29, 2019 5:58 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your suggestions. Strangely, the user account I set up some time ago (as another ADMIN) doesn't let me sign in. I get the gear symbol turning and turning and have to force shut down to get out of it. I was able to switch to a GUEST account. I also booted into Safe Mode. In both Guest account and Safe Mode, it takes about 7-10 seconds for each video to load. Since switching back to my regular user account, it is also taking about the same amount of time for each video to open. It was taking longer before. That is an improvement. Still, my iPad, iPhone and FireFox have no wait at all. Do you still think it would help to use that Safe Mode app to report what is happening?

Safari takes longer to load videos from my Ring account than other sources

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.