Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my transition length but it still returns to 1 sec! (I have enough media)

In iMovie, why won't my transition length stay. I wanted 1.5 sec. , did as directed but when reviewed, they all went back to 1 sec. (I do have enough media)

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.12

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 11:02 AM

Transitions hook on to the invisible residual media that remains when you trim back a video (not still) clip. You may not have sufficient residual media to support a transition longer than 1 second. Trying trimming back a little bit the video clips on each side of the transition and see if that solves it. If the transition is between photos, as opposed to video clips, the photos need to be of sufficient duration to support the transition. If that's your situation, try increasing the duration of the photos on each side of the transition.

You also can set the default duration of transitions that appear in the project by clicking on iMovie/Preferences and making the adjustment in the box that appears. The adjusted setting will apply to future created projects.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 11:02 AM in response to Rainbow Hummingbird

Transitions hook on to the invisible residual media that remains when you trim back a video (not still) clip. You may not have sufficient residual media to support a transition longer than 1 second. Trying trimming back a little bit the video clips on each side of the transition and see if that solves it. If the transition is between photos, as opposed to video clips, the photos need to be of sufficient duration to support the transition. If that's your situation, try increasing the duration of the photos on each side of the transition.

You also can set the default duration of transitions that appear in the project by clicking on iMovie/Preferences and making the adjustment in the box that appears. The adjusted setting will apply to future created projects.

-- Rich

I changed my transition length but it still returns to 1 sec! (I have enough media)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.