Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID

A while ago my Face ID wasn’t recognizing me to unlock my phone. I looked up different ways to fix it and tried them, including resetting/deleting my Face ID and shutting my phone down completely. It still doesn’t work even after weeks. There is nothing covering the true depth camera and I would like this issue resolved without having to go to an Apple Store as I don’t have one near me.

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 12:01 PM

Hi there,

See if these steps help: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro.

If necessary, if you ring or live chat with Apple Support, they should be able to set up a mail-in repair.

You can also locate an Apple Authorised Service Provider here, as there may be one nearer than an Apple Store: Apple- Find Locations

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 12:01 PM in response to j_7tayyy

Hi there,

See if these steps help: If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro.

If necessary, if you ring or live chat with Apple Support, they should be able to set up a mail-in repair.

You can also locate an Apple Authorised Service Provider here, as there may be one nearer than an Apple Store: Apple- Find Locations

Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.