Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID Stopped Working

Recently I have noticed that the Face ID feature for my IPhone XS has stopped working. I have tried to reset it, but it won’t go any farther than the direction “Put your face in the frame”. My phone does have a minor crack over the camera, however I’ve had that for a while and my Face ID still worked after it cracked, so I don’t think that is the problem. I have also tried resetting my phone and then trying to reset the Face ID, but that didn’t work either.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 9, 2021 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2021 2:21 AM

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID& Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again. If you can't enroll your face, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider or contact Apple Support.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2021 2:21 AM in response to adalynn162

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings > Face ID& Passcode and tap Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again. If you can't enroll your face, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider or contact Apple Support.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple ...

Face ID Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.