Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of "Cellular data turned off" pop-up

Hi everyone, I get this "Cellular data turned off" pop-up every time I have Wifi and data turned off and I'm trying to use an app such as Facebook Messenger or Safari, which require connection to the Internet. I'm already well aware that data is turned off, so I don't need these notifications popping up every time I'm trying to use an app.

I've scoured the Notifications settings and each app under it, and looked for apps that will turn this off. Got nothing so far. If anything could help, that'd be the best Christmas present ever lol.

Thanks in advance!

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 2:34 PM

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply but unfortunately it wasn't helpful. As I've already stated, I know that my data is turned off. Sometimes I want to read an internet page I loaded earlier without having to see this pop-up each time I enter the app. If you don't have the answer, that's fine, but I'm asking because I'm hoping someone else does.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 2:34 PM in response to KiltedTim

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply but unfortunately it wasn't helpful. As I've already stated, I know that my data is turned off. Sometimes I want to read an internet page I loaded earlier without having to see this pop-up each time I enter the app. If you don't have the answer, that's fine, but I'm asking because I'm hoping someone else does.

How to get rid of "Cellular data turned off" pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.