Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding Special Symbols for Use in Pages Documents

I'm looking for the "legal paragraph" symbol (you know, the one that looks like two squiggly snakes) for a document I'm typing in Pages. It does not appear in the Character Viewer pop-up window where the emojis and "other symbols" are located. Is the symbol located somewhere else on my MacBook Pro Pages software, or is there a way I can download it as an image to my computer and import it into the document? I haven't done it this way before but I can most likely figure it out. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 7:16 PM

Yes, that's the one! I always knew it as the Legal Paragraph symbol, but it's also called the Section mark. I forgot about that. I went to the Character Viewer another way and it was not listed there. I'll try your suggestion about Opt-6 and see what happens. Thank you!

P.S. Yep, Opt-6 worked! The symbol was there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 7:16 PM in response to Barney-15E

Yes, that's the one! I always knew it as the Legal Paragraph symbol, but it's also called the Section mark. I forgot about that. I went to the Character Viewer another way and it was not listed there. I'll try your suggestion about Opt-6 and see what happens. Thank you!

P.S. Yep, Opt-6 worked! The symbol was there.

Finding Special Symbols for Use in Pages Documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.