Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Symbols, Pages on Mac

after spending way too much time searching for this, I found pressing Option & 6 results in my needed statute section symbol.

is there a quick reference sheet or list where I can find these handy-dandy shortcuts?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 2:34 AM

shartrax wrote:

HOW did you find this out?

It's part of Apple's help docs/user guide and applies to all apps

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-the-keyboard-viewer-on-mac-mchlp1015/10.15/mac/10.15

4 replies

Jul 16, 2020 1:39 PM in response to shartrax

System Preferences : Keyboard panel : √ Show keyboard and emoji viewers in menu bar. Also, Keyboard : Input Sources : Show input menu in menu bar.

Now, from that input menu, select Show Keyboard Viewer. Now, watch what happens when you press option, or option+shift together.

There is also the Pages Edit menu : Emoji & Symbols panel where you can get other characters.

Jul 16, 2020 11:57 PM in response to shartrax

Keyboard viewer will show you the common characters typed with option down. The viewer is found in the Input menu, which can be added to your menu bar using a checkbox in the Keybord section of System Preferences.

Regards,

Barry

Oops! Neglected to refresh efore typing ans see now that Viking has already provided the information above.

Response to your "How did you find this out?" question: Take a stroll through the preferences panels for System Preferences and for each of the applications you regularly use. There are loads of pleasant surprises to find!

B.

Symbols, Pages on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.