Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 8 is not waterproof?

i would like to know is iphone 8 waterproof?because i just drop my phone in washing machine and it is not function at all

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:54 PM

It is not water proof.

• iPhone 11:-- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant -Rated IP68 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529

iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later ...

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty

Service for the liquid damage to an iPhone or iPod isn't covered by the Apple One-Year Limited Warranty.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 9:54 PM in response to fith13

It is not water proof.

• iPhone 11:-- Splash, Water, and Dust Resistant -Rated IP68 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes) under IEC standard 60529

iPhone 11 is splash, water, and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water, and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

About splash, water, and dust resistance of iPhone 7 and later ...

Water and other liquid damage to iPhone or iPod isn't covered by warranty

Service for the liquid damage to an iPhone or iPod isn't covered by the Apple One-Year Limited Warranty.

iphone 8 is not waterproof?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.